Partner Golf Course
In this section learn more about the history of the course and its city, view historic images, find out what the course is like today, discover nearby historic sites and more.
New Smyrna Beach Golf Club is located in the City of New Smyrna Beach in Volusia County. In 1948, W. Tydings gave the city 150 acres of land for the immediate construction of a golf course with the stipulations that the land had to be used for a golf course and had to be built within 10 years or Tydings would regain ownership of the land. James B. McGovern, a longtime design associate of Donald Ross, visited the site on behalf of Ross and secured the hiring of Donald Ross and Associates. Ground breaking and construction began later that year.
Nine holes were opened in early 1949, but, then due to a dispute over title to part of the land, work on the back nine was halted. Four more holes finally opened in 1953, which was a year after the McGovern’s death. The remaining five holes (the present third through seventh) weren't completed until 1956 and put into play the following spring. In 2006, Bobby Weed completely renovated the golf course.
The New Smyrna Golf Club includes an 18-hole, par-72 golf course featuring five sets of tees playing from 4,700 to 6,500 yards. With easy access to the beautiful Atlantic coast and many more of Florida's most popular attractions. New Smyrna Golf Club is a haven for local and visiting golfers alike.
On one of the earliest plans for the golf course the developers included a horse stable and a bridle path that encircled the entire golf course property.
Inside the Leather
Canaveral National Seashore - Since ancient times, this barrier island has provided sanctuary to both people and wildlife. Many threatened animals find refuge here, including sea turtles who nest on its shores. Like the Indians and early settlers, today’s visitors too, can find tranquility. Swim in the ocean. Fish in the lagoon. Stroll down a wooded trail. Or reflect on the longest expanse of pristine shore in Florida - the way it used to be. The park was created on January 3, 1975 by an act of Congress. Its 24-mile-long beach is the longest undeveloped beach on the east coast of Florida. Visit the National Park Service site, Canaveral National Seashore for more details.
Visit - Contact
1000 Wayne Avenue
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
View the Website