In this section learn more about the history of the course and its hometown, see a selection of historic and current images of the course, learn about what the course is like today, and discover nearby historic sites.
Mount Dora Golf Club is located in the City of Mount Dora in central Lake County. The Mount Dora Golf Association was formed in 1945 when G.I.s returning from WWII petitioned the City of Mount Dora for a golf course. The city agreed to lease 80 acres along the Orange County line for this purpose. Using mule power and a bulldozer, these men crafted the first nine holes. On December 15th, 1946, the first ball was hit by Willard Wadsworth, President of the new Mount Dora Golf Association. The city gave the new golf course an unused traffic kiosk for the first pro shop. Nine holes were added in 1959 and the present clubhouse was built in the 1960s.
The Mount Dora Golf Club includes an 18-hole, par-70/72 golf course featuring four sets of tees playing from 4,400 to 5,700 yards. Billed by the Club as "The Longest 5,700 yards in Florida," this golf course with varied elevation manages the difficult task of challenging serious players while helping rookies relax as they learn this classic game.
Grantham Point Park – Located on South Tremain Street across from the Mount Dora Marina, the Grantham Point Park is sometimes referred to as "Lighthouse Park". The lighthouse has become one of Mount Dora's famous landmarks even appearing on the City and Chamber of Commerce logos. Built in 1988, the 35 ft. tall lighthouse is actually a functioning inland Aid to Navigation Marker with a flashing red light. Florida has 29 historic lighthouses stretching from Pensacola, to Jacksonville to Key West. The oldest existing lighthouse in Florida is the Amelia Island Lighthouse built in 1838 and the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse is the tallest in Florida at 175 feet. Visit Grantham Point Park for more details.
1100 South Highland Street
Mount Dora, Florida 32757
View the Website